Student tuition for university admission tests
The AMSP provides tuition to support students who are preparing to take the STEP, MAT and TMUA university admission tests. This is delivered in various formats to enable students to access them. Your AMSP Area Coordinator can advise you on the best option for your students’ circumstances.
- Regular face-to-face problem solving classes are designed to help Year 12 and/or Year 13 students to develop skills in problem solving, proof and communicating maths, as general preparation for the STEP, MAT and TMUA tests. They are offered at several locations throughout England. See our events listing for details.
- Online problem-solving sessions are designed for Year 13 students who intend to take the STEP, MAT or TMUA tests.
- The STEP course consists of 10-12 one-hour real-time online sessions taking place fortnightly from February to June.
- The MAT and TMUA courses consist of seven one-hour real-time online sessions taking place in September and October.
- Student and Teacher Problem-Solving Conferences involve students and teachers looking at various aspects of problem-solving skills together. They include a separate professional development session for teachers. See our events listing for details.
- Problem Solving Matters courses are designed to develop students’ problem solving skills in preparations for admissions tests such at the MAT and TMUA. They comprise a blend of three face-to-face study days at a university (Oxford, Durham, Warwick, Bristol, and Imperial College London), three summer assignments, and five online follow-up sessions.