Welcome to the AMSP North West regional page.
The AMSP has Area Coordinators based near you. Area Coordinators work with schools and colleges in their area to:
- support and promote the study of Core Maths, AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- arrange AS/A level Further Mathematics tuition for students when their schools and colleges cannot provide it themselves
- organise enrichment events for Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 students, often involving links with local universities and employers
- provide a wide range of flexible professional development opportunities for teachers
- assist in the planning of advanced maths provision
- facilitate teacher network meetings
Additional support is available to schools/colleges located in AMSP Priority Areas.
Please get in touch with your local Area Coordinator if we can support you.
The North West team
Our Area Coordinators work with teachers, students and school/college leaders to support and promote the study of advanced maths. They arrange tuition, organise events for students and provide professional development for teachers. If you have any queries or need support please contact your local area coordinator for help and advice.
Cheshire East, Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Trafford
The AMSP works with Partner Institutions, which employ our Area Coordinators and support AMSP activities in the region. Our Partner Institutions are:
St Patrick’s Teaching School Alliance
University of Liverpool
University of Manchester
University of Lancaster
South Lakes Federation
Events near you
The AMSP offers professional development opportunities and a large programme of enrichment activities throughout England. Alongside our nationally-coordinated events, many are designed and delivered according to local need by our local Area Coordinators.