Here are some resources to help you in working towards taking your GCSE Mathematics. We’ll add further resources to these in the future.
If your school has registered with the AMSP your teachers should be able to access additional resources that they can share with you. These include resources for the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics and for the OCR Level 3 FSMQ in Additional Mathematics, as well as for GCSE Mathematics.
Develop your problem-solving skills
Revising for your GCSE
Here are some suggestions to help you prepare for your exams:
- check you’ve covered all of the content
- make a plan of how you will use your revision time – it’s better to set yourself realistic targets and achieve them, than to be too ambitious and end up feeling negative about not achieving it
- in the early stage of your revision use your notes to help you; nearer the exams aim to complete past exam papers in timed conditions and without your notes
- practise answering as many past exam papers as possible
- after you’ve completed a past paper, read the mark scheme, taking particular note of what the marks are awarded for
- read the examiner’s reports for the papers you try – these usually give useful comments on common mistakes candidates made
- if you’re stuck seek help from a teacher or a friend
- if you’re struggling with a particular topic, practise some additional questions on this from your textbook