What is the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme?
The Advanced Mathematics Support Programme is a government-funded initiative. It is led and delivered by MEI, with Tribal as a key partner. It aims to increase participation in Core Maths, AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, and support improvement in the teaching of these level 3 maths qualifications.
The programme provides national support for teachers and students in state-funded schools and colleges in England. Additional, targeted support is offered in areas of low social mobility and low participation in Level 3 maths with the aim of increasing opportunities for all students to study maths post-16, regardless of their location, gender, ethnicity, or background.
For school and college leaders
We offer advice and information about offering a full range of Level 3 maths pathways and increasing student participation.
We provide a range of flexible professional development opportunities, teaching and learning resources, and guidance on offering advanced maths options, including Core Maths and AS/A level Further Mathematics.
We run enrichment events and produce materials to encourage them to study maths beyond GCSE. We also offer support for students preparing for university maths admissions tests.
The AMSP has more than 40 Area Coordinators throughout England.
Area Coordinators work with schools and colleges in their area to:
- support and promote the study of Core Maths, AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- arrange AS/A level Further Mathematics tuition for students when their schools and colleges cannot provide it themselves
- organise enrichment events for Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 students, often involving links with local universities and employers
- provide a wide range of flexible professional development opportunities for teachers
- assist in the planning of advanced maths provision
- facilitate teacher network meetings
For news and information from your region, or contact details of your local AMSP Area Coordinator, select your region from the map:
Browse our upcoming events
MEI is an independent charity, committed to improving maths education. Our maths education specialists have considerable classroom experience and deep expertise in the teaching and learning of maths.
Tribal believes that everyone should have access to a great quality education, and provides the expertise, software and services required to underpin student success.