A series of maths problem-solving sessions designed to give students the confidence to apply for university courses that require or take into consideration achievement in an admissions test.
These regular classes offer students the opportunity to develop mathematical problem-solving skills through discussion and collaboration. They are designed to help students to develop strategies and confidence when tackling unfamiliar problems in maths and will help with preparations for taking advanced papers such as the MAT, TMUA and STEP examinations.
At the same time, the problems used in the course are fun and rewarding. Attending the sessions will greatly enrich students’ mathematical experience and help them to develop a better understanding of A level Mathematics.
|University admissions tests, A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics
|Pure, Problem Solving
Who will benefit from attending?
- To develop initial strategies when dealing with maths problems
- To develop confidence when dealing with maths problems
- To provide some initial information about the problem solving involved in university admissions tests
- To provide a platform on which to build secure problem solving techniques
- To develop tenacity when dealing with maths problems
Choose an event
Listed here are the upcoming dates and times this course will run.
Interested in this course? Be the first to know where and when it’s running by joining our Stay Informed mailing list.