11-16 maths professional development
The AMSP provides professional development for teachers of maths at Key Stages 3 and 4. These include:
- Raising Confidence with 11-16 maths
- This comprises a set of three one-day courses: Raising Confidence with Reasoning, Raising Confidence with Problem Solving, and Raising Confidence with Higher Mathematics. Schools book one (or more) places on a set of three courses, with the flexibility for each day to be attended by a different teacher and the ideas shared across the department.
- Raising Confidence with Technology
- A one-day course that develops technology skills for all secondary school maths teachers.
- One-day Higher Tier GCSE Mathematics
- These one day courses are run in response to local need. Please contact your Area Coordinator for more details.
- Teacher network meetings
- Events organised by our local Area Coordinators. The networks focus on sharing good practice, professional development and promoting developments in teaching and learning.
Details of all of our professional development courses are available on our events listing. If you have a particular need and you cannot find something suitable there, please contact your local AMSP Area Coordinator who will be able to advise you.
You may also find it useful to take a look at the series of PD videos produced by the legacy Further Mathematics Support Programme (FMSP). They include a series of videos on Enhancing GCSE learning.
If you are new to teaching secondary maths, you might be interested in the sustained Teaching GCSE Mathematics course offered by MEI. This course is delivered over an extended period using a blend of dedicated web-based teaching and learning resources, scheduled live online sessions and face-to-face study days.