Resources for GCSE Mathematics students
Here are some resources to help you in working towards taking your GCSE Mathematics. We’ll add further resources to these in the future.
If your school has registered with the AMSP your teachers should be able to access additional resources that they can share with you. These include resources for the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics and for the OCR Level 3 FSMQ in Additional Mathematics, as well as for GCSE Mathematics.
Develop your problem-solving skills
Practice and competition materials produced for the Maths Feast enrichment competition for Year 10 students.Go to resource
Revising for your GCSE
Here are some suggestions to help you prepare for your exams:
- check you’ve covered all of the content
- make a plan of how you will use your revision time – it’s better to set yourself realistic targets and achieve them, than to be too ambitious and end up feeling negative about not achieving it
- in the early stage of your revision use your notes to help you; nearer the exams aim to complete past exam papers in timed conditions and without your notes
- practise answering as many past exam papers as possible
- after you’ve completed a past paper, read the mark scheme, taking particular note of what the marks are awarded for
- read the examiner's reports for the papers you try - these usually give useful comments on common mistakes candidates made
- if you’re stuck seek help from a teacher or a friend
- if you’re struggling with a particular topic, practise some additional questions on this from your textbook
Planning to study Core Maths?
Core Maths Skills course
This self-study online course helps you to get ready to study Core Maths.Sign up for the course
Planning to study A level Mathematics?
Transition to A level Mathematics resources: Essential Skills New
Many students say that they find the initial transition from GCSE challenging. These resources focus on developing key skills that will be used across the whole spectrum of AS and A level Mathematics.Go to resource
Transition to A level Mathematics course
This free online interactive course aims to give you the confidence that you're ready to start A level Mathematics. It covers the topics that are of most value at the beginning of the A level course and aims to improve your understanding – not just your fluency with skills – by delving deeper into GCSE contentSign up for the course