Resources for AS/A level Mathematics students
Here are some resources to help you in working towards taking AS/A level Mathematics. We’ll add further resources to these in the future.
If you school has registered with the AMSP your teachers will be able to access additional resources that they can share with you.
Learning at home
This collection of resources has been put together to help you with learning at home.
Develop your problem-solving skills
The legacy FMSP produced some resources to help you to develop your problem-solving skills in the FMSP Legacy Resources Archive.
Revising for your AS/A level
Here are some suggestions to help you prepare for your exams:
- check you’ve covered all of the content in the specification for the version of the AS/A level that you are taking - AQA, Edexcel, OCR(MEI), or OCR
- make a plan of how you will use your revision time – it’s better to set yourself realistic targets and achieve them, than to be too ambitious and end up feeling negative about not achieving it
- practise answering as many past exam papers as possible
- in the early stage of your revision use your notes to help you; nearer the exams aim to complete past exam papers in timed conditions and without your notes
- after you’ve completed a past paper, read the marks scheme, taking particular note of what the marks are awarded for
- read the examiner's reports for the papers - these usually give useful comments on common mistakes candidates made
- if you’re stuck seek help from a teacher or a friend
- if you’re struggling with a particular topic, practise some additional questions on this from your textbook
Additional materials are available from: