Key Stage 5 Coordinator Development
The AMSP's Live Online Professional Development (LOPD) courses form a programme of innovative online courses, designed to enable teachers to develop their teaching with confidence in a convenient, stress-free way.
LOPD courses are delivered using a browser-based online classroom that allows participants to collaborate online in real time. The courses aim both to cover subject content common to all current specifications and to facilitate the exchange of teaching ideas. Rather than attending a one or two day course away from school or college, participants will use the internet to meet weekly online.
This course comprises four online sessions with an experienced tutor, each between 60 and 90 minutes in length and delivered to a small group of teachers allowing opportunities for interaction and discussion.
- To bring together a group of teachers who are aspiring or current KS5 Coordinators in order to share and discuss relevant ideas, resources and concepts.
- To look at how this role is developing in the current climate of change.
Who will benefit from attending?
New or aspiring KS5 Coordinators; those with responsibility for coordinating post-16 maths courses.
- Active teaching methods in the KS5 classroom
- Managing the transfer from KS4 to KS5
- Curriculum and resourcing, including curriculum intent requirements
- Working with colleagues
Please note that although activities supporting active teaching methods will be included throughout the course and there will be discussion of the content of courses such as Core Maths and supporting students with university admissions tests, this is not designed to develop teachers' delivery of specific subject content. If you require development of your teaching of specific courses at KS5, please visit our events page and filter for the course you require.
Materials and Equipment
You will need access to a good internet connection, using Chrome or Firefox as a browser. You will need a headset with a microphone to engage with the live sessions and most courses also require a means of sharing handwritten maths, such as a mini-whiteboard and webcam, a visualiser or a graphics tablet. Full details of how to set these up can be found on our online classroom support page.
The order of topics may be subject to change.
The course fee is £95.
Course participants who are currently working in a state-funded school or college in England will be eligible to apply for a full reimbursement of the course fee. This will be awarded subject to the following conditions being met:
- the full fee has been paid
- the participant has attended at least three of the four live online sessions for this course
- the participant has completed the feedback form for this course within two weeks from the date of the last session
- relevant contact details for the employing school or college have been provided on application (normally a bursar or finance officer and the participant's line manager).
For more information, visit our subsidies page.
A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics, Core Maths, University admissions tests
Problem solving, Leadership, Curriculum planning
Live Online Professional Development
Find a course
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard