These On Demand Professional Development (ODPD) pods are designed to support teachers who are thinking of embarking on professional development for Core Maths and those teaching topics from Core Maths in other subject areas.
This course contains content which would be ideal for any of:
- A Maths teacher who has not previously taught GCSE Maths at Higher level
- A teacher of a subject which contains Maths, such as Geography, Psychology or Biology
- A teacher who would like to be confident in key topics from GCSE which underpin those which are used in the teaching of Core Maths.
In each pod, teachers will experience a variety of content including:
- a short video introducing the topic
- practice materials
- triggers for reflection and suggestions for further study.
Teachers will be encouraged to interact and collaborate with others studying the same material via the online forums. An expert tutor will be monitoring the forums and will respond to queries.
What are the aims of this professional development?
- To support teachers who would like to increase their confidence in key topics from GCSE which underpin those which are used in the teaching of Core Maths
- To provide opportunities to reflect on subject content, resources and teaching ideas and to discuss these with other teachers via the course forums.
- To provide teachers with a foundation for subsequent professional development to offer Core Maths.
|Section||Approximate time to complete|
|Foundations section||Up to 4 hour|
|Core Maths top-up pods for teachers of other subjects||Up to 1 hour|
Timings are approximate and suggest the required time for a topic to be counted on a certificate of participation. Further resources are linked from each section and so participants may, if they wish, spend more time than this in consolidating and reflecting on the content. You do not need to complete all sections to request a certificate.
What will I need?
Internet connection with the capability to watch video.
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
What is On Demand professional development?
On Demand professional development offers total flexibility. Teachers can access the materials, day or night, over a period of up to one year.
It’s also completely free of charge for eligible teachers.
If you’re interested in a deeper view of what’s involved in this unique form of professional development, you may enjoy this video:
Due to the way the AMSP is funded, this On-Demand Professional Development is only available to teachers in state-funded schools and colleges in England.