More maths for students of AS/A level Mathematics
Here are some places where you can find free collections of interesting mathematical articles, challenges and puzzles to explore:
- SUMS - Steps to University for Mathematical Students is a monthly web-magazine from the AMSP for all A level Mathematics students considering studying Mathematics at university. Each issue is packed full of support, resources and advice.
- NRICH provides a collection of activities and games and includes some ideas to help you prepare for university.
- Brilliant is a US website that provides a brilliant selection of challenging mathematical problems.
- Numberphile is a collection of fascinating videos about numbers.
- Plus Magazine is an internet magazine a wealth of articles about the beauty and application of maths, puzzles, podcasts, videos and book reviews.
- MathsChallenge.net offers a collection of maths puzzles with a range of difficulty levels to choose from.
- Chalkdust magazine is a maths magazine a collection of articles, features and pictures that are interesting, fun, or thought-provoking.
- Cut the Knot is an encyclopaedic collection of maths games, problems, puzzles, and articles.
- Nick's Mathematical Puzzles offers over 100 excellent puzzles, many of them using A level Mathematics.
- Mathigon is a collection of free recreational maths articles, activities and puzzles that aim to make maths more accessible and entertaining.
- Wikipedia Mathematics Portal includes thousands of articles about maths.
- Mr Barton Maths includes a selection of maths and logic puzzles, and maths jokes too!
- MacTutor History of Maths Archive is an extensive and searchable archive of the history of maths.
- MathWorld has some excellent recreational maths activities.
- Wolfram|Alpha is a fascinating mathematical search engine.
- The e16plus Newsletter is aimed at 16 – 19 year olds and aims to keep readers up to date with mathematical news, people, and activities.
- The Further Mathematics Support Programme (FMSP) produced a series of 20 Podcasts that take a topic from the A level Mathematics or Further Mathematics and explore at its applications. These podcasts are available within the FMSP Resources Archive.