Resources for AS/A level Further Mathematics students
Here are some resources to help you in working towards taking AS/A level Further Mathematics. We’ll add further resources to these in the future.
If your school has registered with the AMSP your teachers will be able to access additional resources that they can share with you.
The legacy FMSP produced a series of short videos to support the content of AS/A level Further Mathematics. These break the content into sections and are designed to introduce you to concepts so that you can learn the material for each section by working through appropriate examples. The videos are freely available to schools and colleges registered with the AMSP. Ask your teacher for the student login details for your school or college.
Develop your problem-solving skills
You can find some resources to help develop your problem-solving skills here.
These short videos were also produced by the legacy FMSP and are designed to develop and enhance your understanding of some of the key concepts contained within AS/A level Further Mathematics.
Revising for your AS/A level
Here are some suggestions to help you prepare for your exams:
- check you’ve covered all of the content in the specification for the version of the AS/A level that you are taking - AQA, Edexcel, OCR(MEI), or OCR
- make a plan of how you will use your revision time – it’s better to set yourself realistic targets and achieve them, than to be too ambitious and end up feeling negative about not achieving it
- in the early stage of your revision use your notes to help you; nearer the exams aim to complete past exam papers in timed conditions and without your notes
- practise answering as many past exam papers as possible
- after you’ve completed a past paper, read the marks scheme, taking particular note of what the marks are awarded for
- read the examiner's reports for the papers - these usually give useful comments on common mistakes candidates made
- if you’re stuck seek help from a teacher or a friend
- if you’re struggling with a particular topic, practise some additional questions on this from your textbook
Additional materials are available from: