Support with offering advanced maths
We can support you with:
- Free guidance on planning the introduction and/or sustainment of advanced maths options, including strategies for offering Core Maths and AS/A level Further Mathematics.
- A wide range of free/low cost flexible professional development for:
- Free teaching and learning resources
- Free/low cost enrichment events and materials for 11-16 students, to help you to encourage your students to continue to study maths beyond GCSE.
- Free/low cost enrichment events and materials for 16-19 students, and support for students preparing for university mathematics admission tests, to help you to support your students with applications for maths and other STEM degrees.
- AS/A level Further Mathematics tuition for students, where you wouldn’t otherwise be able to offer it yourself.
Additional support is available to schools/colleges located in AMSP Priority Areas.
If you are establishing a new sixth form we strongly recommend that you offer Core Maths and AS/A level Further Mathematics alongside A level Mathematics from the outset, or have a strategy for introducing them. The AMSP can work with you to achieve this.
If you would like support with offering advanced maths options, please contact your local AMSP Area Coordinator.