Core Maths top-upsOnline Self-paced study
The first sections of a group of On Demand Professional Development (ODPD) pods designed to support teachers offering Core Maths or considering offering Core Maths, especially those who are using the Integral Core Maths platform are now available.
The course will comprise a series of 'pods', designed to complement our Live Online Professional Development (LOPD) course Core Maths common topics. When complete, this will provide teachers with professional development covering all aspects of the existing Core Maths qualifications.
In each pod, teachers will experience a variety of content including:
- short videos explaining the ideas behind the topic
- practice materials
- triggers for reflection and suggestions for further study.
Teachers will be encouraged to interact and collaborate with others studying the same material via the online forums. An expert tutor will be monitoring the forums and will respond to queries.
The course offers total flexibility; teachers can access the materials, day or night, over a period of up to one year. Teachers will be able to track their progress within the course and to see when they have completed a section or a pod.
- To introduce teachers to a range of techniques which will enable them to work more confidently with students studying Core Maths
- To provide opportunities to reflect on subject content, resources and teaching ideas and to discuss these with other teachers via the course forums.
- To provide support for teachers using the Core Maths platform with their students.
Who will benefit from attending?
All teachers involved in the delivery of Core Maths.
Pod titles available currently:
- Linear programming
- Fermi estimates
More titles in development:
- Critical path analysis
- Chi-squared testing
- Normal distribution - confidence intervals
- Normal distribution - Normal quantile plots
Materials and Equipment
Internet connection with the capability to watch video.
Due to the way we are funded, this project is only available to teachers currently working in a state-funded school or college in England.
Free of charge to qualifying teachers.
Problem solving, Use of technology, Reasoning
On Demand Professional Development
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard