Will Warne, Regional Lead for the South
The AMSP is constantly increasing the amount of support and opportunities on offer in the Solent. A new teacher network has started, with the first meeting held on 28 March at Bitterne Park School in Southampton. There is also a wider range of professional development days coming up in the summer and autumn terms.
We’re working with Maths Inspiration lectures to bring their latest enrichment show to Portsmouth on 3 July. Tickets are just £9 per student (teachers go free!) and the AMSP is offering to subsidise 10 free tickets for schools in the Portsmouth and Southampton local authorities. More information about the shows can be found in their event descriptions.
You can explore the AMSP events listing to find more great opportunities for student and teachers. Here are some events that you may find interesting:
- 7 May – Raising Confidence with Technology (teacher CPD) at the Teaching and Learning Centre, Portsmouth
- 2 July – The Large Data Set: Making Lessons Meaningful at Portsmouth College
- 3 July – Maths Inspiration: Playing for Real at New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth
- 5 July – Year 12 student/teacher problem solving conference at Portsmouth University (bookings open soon)
- TBC – Solent Maths Teacher Network Meeting (summer term date to be confirmed)
There will be more events to follow, and the AMSP is working closely with Norma Honey (Level 3 Lead, Solent Hub) and Tracey Williams (Solent Hub Lead) at Solent Maths Hub to maximise the opportunities for schools in the South.