John Heffernan, AC for Kent and Medway
The Kent and Medway Secondary Maths Conference 2019 will take place at the Medway Campus of the University of Greenwich on Monday 8 July. Presented by the AMSP in collaboration with the Kent and Medway Maths Hub, the University of Greenwich and the East Kent College Group, this conference is aimed at 11-19 maths teachers.
Plenary lectures will be delivered by Charlie Stripp (MEI and NCETM Chief Executive) and Jo Morgan (Resourceaholic). There will be three slots for delegates to choose optional workshops, with topics covering GCSE Mathematics, Core Maths, AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, and pedagogical and developmental topics. They’ll be opportunities to browse the stalls of maths educationalists and suppliers of maths resources. The conference also offers a great opportunity to network with fellow teachers and educators in the area.
The workshops on offer include:
- Sustained Continuing Professional Development – Jen Shearman
- Implementing a Teaching Mathematics for Mastery Curriculum – Matthew Drayson
- Developing Mathematicians in KS3 – Dr Helen Billinge
- Talk for Mathematics – Sarah Morgan*
- Developing Teaching for Depth (Mastery) (KS2/3/4) – James Afolayan
- Key Topic Changes and Their Implications for Teaching and Learning – Pietro Tozzi
- Feedback on the First Year of the New A Level – Pietro Tozzi
- A Mathematician’s Miscellany, and an Apology (GCSE) – Professor Paul Glaister
- Mathematical Argument, Language and Proof (A Level) – Professor Paul Glaister
- Using a Graphic Calculator to Embed Understanding at GCSE – Gerard Dummet
- Using a Graphic Calculator to Foster Investigation at A Level – Gerard Dummet
- Challenging Topics at GCSE—Algebraic Proof – Peter Hubble
- Core Maths: Strategies, Resources and Ideas – Tom Rainbow
- Making Statistics Vital (A level) – Jonny Griffiths
- Further RISPS – Jonny Griffiths
*Suitable for Primary phase
For more information and to book on the conference, visit our event page.