Margaret Harding, AC for Cornwall, Devon (South, West and North), Plymouth and Torbay
The recent teacher network meetings in the South West have focused on the use of GeoGebra in the A Level classroom, problem solving in Level 3 maths and a review of last summer’s examinations, specifically how the A level examinations have altered due to the changes in the syllabus.
Teachers from across the region have come together in small groups to discuss and apply practical ideas to use in the classroom.
At one recent network meeting, where the focus was on using GeoGebra, one of the comments about the meeting was “Fully interactive and linked to what I need – can use in the classroom tomorrow!”
These meetings are a mixture of informal sessions and speaker-led training events with the next ones in the area are as follows:
- Cornwall: February date to be confirmed
- Plymouth: Thursday 7 February
- Exeter: Tuesday 12 February
And across the rest of the region:
- Poole High: Monday 14 January
- South Wilts Grammar, Salisbury: Thursday 24 January
- Chippenham: Thursday 24 January (TBC)
- Bristol: Monday 28 January
- Gloucester: Wednesday 30 January
- Bridgewater College: Wednesday 4 April
- Colfox: TBC
If you have suggestions that you would like to discuss at future network meetings, please contact your local Area Coordinator.