Teachers are invited to sign up to the AMSP’s latest round of Further Mathematics Conferences. These one-day professional development events are dedicated to exploring new and exciting ways of teaching AS and A level Further Mathematics.
Suitable for prospective, new or experienced Further Mathematics teachers, these conferences offer a wide range of plenary and optional sessions to choose from. Following last year’s general introduction to the new specification, 2019’s conferences will explore specific aspects of the qualification.
Sessions vary between dates, but include:
- Setting up Further Mathematics provision
- Sustaining Further Mathematics provision
- Linking Complex Numbers and Matrices (Pure)
- Differential equations (Pure)
- Work and energy (Mechanics)
- Further probability distributions (Statistics)
- Planarity (Discrete Maths)
- Problem Solving in Further Maths
- Use of GeoGebra in Further Maths
Conferences will take place in London (Wednesday 27th February), Manchester (Saturday 2nd March), Derby (Wednesday 13th March), Gateshead (Wednesday 27th March), and London (Saturday 30th March). Further Mathematics Conferences are free of charge, and schools and colleges within Priority Areas are eligible to receive a further subsidy of £250 to support staff cover and travel costs.