Maths Across the Curriculum at KS5Online - zoom
Are you aware of the Maths content of other level 3 subjects? Do you know how core Maths can support stduents in other subjetcs?
In this meeting we will explore the maths requirements of other level 3 subjects and consider how our teaching of level 3 Core Mathematics can have a positive impact on student progress and attainment across the curriculum.
The workshop will be delivered by Cat Van Saarloos who is the AMSP Core Maths Professional Development Lead.
- To explore the maths requirements of other level 3 qualifications
- To consider how our teaching of level 3 mathematics can have a positive impact on student progress and attainment across the curriculum
Who will benefit from attending?
Current and prospective teachers of Core Maths and teachers of level 3 subjects with a quantitative component will benefit from attending this event.
Teachers of GCSE Maths would also benefit from this course as they will gain an insight into what comes next after GCSEs. It will also be useful for Heads of Sixth Form and members of SLT.
- Get an overview of the maths content in other A levels and the crossover with Core Maths
- Try out an activity on significance that can be used in maths, biology, geography or psychology lessons and discover where to find more resources
- Get an outline of the free Professional Development opportunities available to maths teachers and teachers of other subject areas
Materials and Equipment
The session will be remote and will take place on Zoom. You will need a laptop/desktop computer or other internet enabled device - if possible please use a machine with a microphone enabled to allow for chat with te presenter and other delegates.
You will be sent a link to access the workshop in good time to access the event.
Core Maths, A level Mathematics
Problem solving, Maths in other subjects
Live Online Professional Development
Yorkshire and the Humber
Tue 28th Sep 2021
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard