North West GCSE ONLINE Summer Festival: "The Problem Solving Classroom"
The NW Summer GCSE Maths Festival is a series of four 1.5 hour ONLINE professional development sessions on GCSE Maths.
This session will focus on teaching problem solving in GCSE Mathematics lessons.
- To develop strategies for teaching problem solving in the GCSE Mathematics classroom
- To access a set of problem solving questions and consider how they could be used or adapted
- To develop strategies to engage learners and enrich their GCSE Mathematics lessons
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers of GCSE Mathematics.
In this session, we will:
- Discuss how to create a problem solving culture in the classroom and strategies for students to use
- Take a deeper look at some problems from a set of 20 (delegates will gain access to the full set)
- Look at adapting existing questions and the value of goal free tasks
Live Online Professional Development
Wed 30th Jun 2021
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard