New to teaching A level Mathematics summer schoolOnline
The New to A level Mathematics Summer School is a 1-week online course designed for teachers with little, or no, experience of teaching A level Mathematics. It is aimed at teachers who have a secure background in the mathematical content of the subject. It is ideal for teachers about to start their first teaching post who will be expected to teach A level Mathematics.
The course, which is run in conjuction with STEM learning, concentrates upon deepening pedagogical content knowledge in key areas of the A level curriculum and ideas for delivery of the over-arching themes of the A level curriculum.
- To deepen your pedagogical content knowledge in key areas of the A level curriculum
- To introduce you to a range of ideas for delivery of the over-arching themes of the A level curriculum
- To develop your understanding of how key concepts that underpin A level mathematics are linked together across the subject
Who will benefit from attending?
- Teachers who have just completed their initial teacher training programme and are about to take up their first post.
- Teachers who are new to teaching A level Mathematics, (i.e. have no more than three years experience of teaching it).
There are ten online sessions covering
- Misconceptions, mistakes and links with GCSE mathematics
- Functions and graphs
- Problem Solving
The full course fee is £300. Teachers employed in a state maintained school in England are eligible to a £100 discount on the course fee.
The course will last for 5 days from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th August. There will be two 1-hour delivered sessions per day, starting at 10:00 and 14:00. Each delivered session will be followed by additional group activities, from 11:00-12:00 and 15:00-16:00.
|Date||Morning 10:00-12:00||Afternoon 14:00-16:00|
|Mon 23rd August||Links with GCSE mathematics||Functions and graphs|
|Tue 24th August||Proof||Logarithms|
|Wed 25th August||Modelling||Differentiation|
|Thu 26th August||Problem Solving||Integration|
|Fri 27th August||Mechanics||Statistics|
A level Mathematics
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure, Use of technology
Live Online Professional Development
Mon 23rd Aug 2021
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard