Teaching statistics with technologyYeovil
- Large Data Sets: how technology can be used to gain familiarity and teach statistical concepts
- Practical Activities using the large data sets with GeoGebra and spreadsheets
- Using the GeoGebra probability calculator in statistics lessons
- Using the graphing and enhanced scientific calculators
- Sample assessment questions: how the use of technology impacts upon assessment
- To support teachers in using technology to enhance their teaching of the Statistics element of A level Mathematics.
- To understand how technology can be used to gain familiarity with the large data set and develop interpretation skills.
- To understand how the enhanced scientific or graphical calculator can be used to support the learning of statistical concepts
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers who are teaching the statistics element of A level or those who anticipate doing so in the near future.
Materials and Equipment
Please bring a laptop that has Geogebra 5 classic and a spreadsheet installed. It would also be useful to download the large dataset for the specification that you are teaching.
A level Mathematics
Statistics, Use of technology
Face-to-face Professional Development
Fri 8th Mar 2019
09:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard