Year 12 and 13 Problem Solving Day
A one-day conference for sixth form students and their teachers developing deeper mathematical problem-solving skills.
Who will benefit from attending?
This day is aimed at all Year 12 and Year 13 maths students who are likely to study Mathematics or related subjects at University. It will be of particular interest to students who:
- have been (or are likely to be) invited to a selection interview at University
- will be taking STEP, MAT or TMUA examinations in 2019 or 2020
- will be taking the CSAT or TSA examinations in 2019 or 2020
... and teachers who are supporting such students.
The workshop sessions will focus on different ways of looking at example problems and how to approach writing solutions. Accompanying teachers will have the opportunity to work on problems with their students.
Sessions will include:
- FunMaths Roadshow team activity
- Using Mathematics in a Real Context
- Writing and Communicating Mathematics
- STEP/AEA?TMUA question focus
Students and teachers should bring a packed lunch. Independent schools may apply for places but these will be charged at £100 per school group and will only be available if there is capacity at the closing date. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 8 January 2019.
Year 12 & 13
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics
23rd January 2019
09:30 - 15:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: