KS4 Problem Solving Morning
A morning of engaging interactive sessions to help develop student’s problem solving skills in mathematics.
The morning will consist of a series of workshops/ sessions where students (in teams of 4) explore various aspects of problem-solving skills. Activities include working on problems in groups and individually, and writing and communicating solutions.
- Practice using familiar techniques and processes in less familiar situations.
- To provide an opportunity for students to work together in an enjoyable and competitive environment, developing their mathematical, team-working and communication skills.
Who will benefit from attending?
This ½ day event will be suitable for Year 10/11 students who are aiming for a Level 7 (or above) in GCSE Mathematics.
- 9.30-9.45am: Arrival
- 9.45-10am: Welcome
- 10-10.50am: Session 1 – Murder Mystery
- 10.50-11am: Break
- 11-11.50am: Session 2 – Packaging Problem
- 11.50-12.15pm: Session 3 – Geometry and Construction
- 12.30pm: Close
Year 10 & 11
City of Derby Academy,
Thu 21st Mar 2019
09:30 - 12:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: