Sixth Form Student and Teacher Problem Solving Conference
This conference will be of interest to sixth form students and their teachers who are looking to explore mathematical problem-solving more deeply. It is open to any student and it will be particularly relevant to students going on to sit STEP, AEA or MAT examinations. Teachers can attend with up to five students and will have the opportunity to work on problems with their students and attend separate CPD sessions for problem-solving.
- Allow students to attempt problems both in groups and on their own
- Allow students to look at questions from the Senior Team Mathematics Challenge and the Liverpool Fun Maths Roadshow
- Get students thinking about writing and presenting their solutions to problems
- Give students a chance to explore an area of maths not in the standard curriculum
- Give students the chance to look at questions from STEP, TMUA and MAT examinations
Who will benefit from attending?
5 Year 12/13 students can attend FREE of charge from each school/college.
Teachers accompanying their students also attend for free.
This conference will be of interest to sixth form students and their teachers who are looking to explore mathematical problem-solving more deeply. Teachers can attend with up to five students and will have the opportunity to work on problems with their students and attend separate CPD sessions for problem-solving.
Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge CB3 0WA For full details please see http://www.cms.cam.ac.uk/visiting/
For more information email: http://furthermaths.org.uk/EE_enrichment
All places should be booked at one time by a single teacher from the school or college.
This conference is free of charge thanks to generous funding from the DfE.
University admissions tests
East of England
Centre for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge,
Mon 17th Dec 2018
09:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard