Year 12 Problem Solving Conference
A enrichment event aimed at Year 12 students particularly those considering further study in STEM subjects
Organised by the AMSP and the University of Wolverhampton, this day is aimed primarily at Year 12 students going on to study a mathematics related degree, or who are considering taking STEP or AEA examinations, or who just enjoy mathematics.
The day will comprise 4 workshops including a masterclass on proof, consideration of STEP and AEA questions and problem solving workshop. Teachers will follow a parallel session of workshops
- Extend and enrich the concept of proof
- Explore the approach to STEP questions
- Introduce a variety of problem solving techniques
Timetable for the day:
09:30 Registration and refreshments
09:45 Welcome and introduction
10:00 Workshop one
11.05 Workshop two
13:00 Workshop three
14.05 Workshop four
15:15 Evaluation and feedback
- Initially we are limiting places to 10 students per school
- Students will need to bring a packed lunch
- Lunch will be provided for staff
- We can arrange minibus parking if required. Please email [email protected] to arrange this.
This event is provided free of charge.
University of Wolverhampton,
Mon 17th Dec 2018
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard