Year 13 Problem Solving Conference for Students & Teachers
Student and their teachers are invited to attend this problem solving event, designed to prepare sixth formers for university admissions tests.
- To tackle STEP and AEA papers and look at common techniques and presentation of solutions
- To provide further support for teachers to enable them to help their students with these issues
- To provide further suggestions for suitable teaching resources
Who will benefit from attending?
This event is ideal for students who are applying to study mathematics, engineering or related university courses that require STEP or AEA for entry. Teachers with students who are preparing to apply for such courses, or who wish to develop their skills in encouraging advanced problem-solving techniques amongst their sixth-form mathematics students, will also find this course extremely beneficial.
The day will include:
- A range of opportunities for students and staff to work collaboratively on STEP and AEA questions
- A variety of activities designed to help students think and work creatively
- Advice on follow-up material to enable students and teachers to develop individual ‘programmes of study’ for high level problem-solving
The event includes differentiated sessions for students aiming for AEA/STEP 1 and 2 or STEP 2 and 3.
There is a maximum of five students from one school/college.
University admissions tests
University of Manchester,
30th January 2019
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: