- To give students the opportunity to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in the workplace, fulfilling Gatsby Benchmark 5.
- To help students and teachers link curriculum learning with careers, fulfilling Gatsby Benchmark 4.
Who will benefit from attending?
The event is aimed at those Year 7 - 11 students who would benefit from studying level 3 mathematics after GCSE, though you may want to consider other students within your school or college.
'Which Career? - Meet people working in different roles' will allow your students to question people from the world of work about how they use maths and different skills that are essential in their roles. The guests will be different on each occasion.
Example: Panellists for Thursday 9 Feb 2023 include:
- Meet Amber who is a Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice
- Hear from Amy about what it is like to be an Aerospace Engineering with Manufacturing Apprentice
- Discover what it is like for Abz as an End User Computing Technician with Just Eat
Students will be able to ask questions of the guests through the Q&A function in the webinar or via Mentimeter. There will be further details within the joining instructions.
The event will be streamed live as a Zoom webinar.
There will be the opportunity for your students to ask questions of the guests - your students will need access to a computer or smart phone to do this (this could be the teacher's computer in a classroom or a set of tablets with internet access). At no point in the session will a student be asked to provide personal information.
Your school will be sent a link to the event for which you register. This link may be shared with other teachers within your school and with any students who are unable to attend school.
While it is hoped that your students can be supported by mathematics teachers, it is not essential for this event. Additionally, we are aware that you may have students who are not in school and the event has been designed to support these students; they will be able to participate fully in the interactive aspects.
The event will start 5 minutes later than the advertised start time to allow you get your students settled and to think of good questions to ask the panellists.
All state schools are encouraged to attend.
Students who are unable to attend school can be sent the link for the event by their teacher so that they can join remotely.
It was really informative I enjoyed it a lot!
It's great to get real life advice from people working in those jobs.
- Target year:Year 9, Year 10, Year 11
- Curriculum focus:11-16 Maths
- Duration:45 minutes
- Start date:26 Jun 2023
- Fee:This event is free.
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Student Engagement Operations Team