The AMSP Raising Confidence professional development courses have arrived in Derby, and will come to Grimsby in January 2020.
Raising Confidence comprises three one-day courses:
- Raising Confidence with Reasoning – This took place at the University of Derby on the 27 Nov 2019 and was well attended by teachers from Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. The event provided teachers with opportunities to work with AMSP experts to develop their pedagogical knowledge of reasoning at GCSE level and share and discuss ideas and approaches. All participants left with a toolkit of ideas and electronic resources to take back to their schools. Feedback was exceptionally positive – all of the participants left feeling excited to develop their own professional practice further and share the AMSP resources with other teachers.
- Raising Confidence with Problem Solving – This is being held in Derby during January, and February in Grimsby. This day aims to give teachers ideas and resources to develop a problem-solving culture in their classrooms, and provide practical strategies to help their students become more resilient problem-solving mathematicians.
- Raising Confidence with Higher Mathematics – The final day of the suite takes place in Derby and Grimsby during March. This day focuses on how topics in the GCSE develop further in Core Maths, AS & A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics. It will provide ideas, strategies and resources for teachers to use to help deepen their students’ understanding and encourage them to study mathematics beyond GCSE.
- Raising Confidence with Problem Solving (Wed 22 Jan)
- Raising Confidence with Higher Mathematics (Tue 3 Mar)
- Raising Confidence with Reasoning (Thu 30 Jan)
- Raising Confidence with Problem Solving (Wed 12 Feb)
- Raising Confidence with Higher Mathematics (Wed 4 Mar)
By David Tuhey