The AMSP’s latest round of sustained professional development courses are now open for applications.
These 6-month courses inspire and support teachers in their development of subject knowledge and pedagogy for A level maths through a programme of face-to-face study days and online support.
Through government funding, the AMSP is able to offer full reimbursement of course fees to state-funded schools, with additional subsidies available to schools in Priority Areas. To find out more, visit our subsidies page.
Teachers can choose the location of their study days, and all venues are easily accessible via public transport. In addition to London and Coventry, some of our sustained courses now offer study days in Leeds.
All courses begin teaching in early 2019.
Teaching Further Mathematics (TFM) will help you develop a deep understanding of Further Mathematics, and develop your confidence in the classroom.
- TFM1 covers the pure maths content of AS level Further Mathematics
- TFM2 extends the content of TFM1 to include the pure maths content of A level Further Mathematics
Teaching Mechanics (TM) will help you develop a deep understanding of mechanics principles, and suggest ways of incorporating practical work in your teaching.
- TM1 covers the mechanics content of AS/A level Mathematics
- TM2 covers the mechanics content of AS/A level Further Mathematics
Teaching Statistics (TS) will give you an improved understanding of statistics as a problem-solving discipline, and develop your confidence in working with real data using technology.
- TS1 covers the statistics content of AS/A level Mathematics
- TS2 covers the statistics content of AS/A level Further Mathematics
Teaching Discrete Mathematics (TD) will raise your confidence with discrete/decision maths content common to all AS/A level Further Mathematics specifications. You’ll gain a deep understanding of applying algorithms to a range of problems, and enhance your classroom confidence.
- TD1 covers the discrete/decision maths content of AS level Further Mathematics
- TD2 covers the discrete/decision maths content of A level Further Mathematics
A comparison of these courses is also available.