One-day Core Maths regional conferences
The AMSP is running one-day professional development and networking conferences aimed at Core Maths teachers.
These conferences offer opportunities to:
- develop pedagogical approaches for planning, teaching and assessing Core Maths effectively
- consider how best to use pre-release materials when teaching Core Maths
- network and share ideas with fellow teachers of Core Maths
Who should attend?
This conference is suitable for any teacher who has some Core Maths teaching experience or at least Core Maths is already offered at their school/college. The content included on the day will be relevant to all of the Core Maths specifications.
Venues and dates
Approximate timings: 09:30-15:30
Conference sessions will include:
- National picture and HE links
- How do we get to the exam question? - Planning a sequence of Core Maths lessons whilst keeping the context alive
- Making connections between Realistic Maths Education and Core Maths
- Meet representatives from Maths Hub Work Groups and local Area Coordinators
- Getting the most out of the pre-release materials
- Recruiting students to Core Maths - including a hands-on workshop on enrichment resources that can be used to promote Core Maths to KS4
- Getting the most from the AMSP
This conference is free of charge to state-funded schools and colleges. Teachers working in AMSP Priority Areas qualify for a £200 subsidy in addition to their course fee reimbursement. Please visit the AMSP subsidies page for more information.
To apply, please complete the online form.
If you have any queries please contact the CPD Administration team:
- 01225 716494
- [email protected]