Live Online Professional Development
The AMSP's Live Online Professional Development (LOPD) courses form a programme of innovative online courses, designed to enable teachers to develop their teaching with confidence in a convenient, stress-free way.
LOPD courses are delivered using a browser-based online classroom that allows participants to collaborate online in real time. The courses aim both to cover subject content common to all current specifications and to facilitate the exchange of teaching ideas. Rather than attending a one or two day course away from school or college, delegates will use the internet to meet weekly online.
These courses offer between six and ten online sessions with an experienced tutor, each between 60 and 90 minutes in length and delivered to small groups of teachers allowing opportunities for interaction and discussion. Courses are scheduled after the school day, usually at 16:30 or 18:30.
Teachers in state-funded schools and colleges are eligible to apply for a full reimbursement of the cost of an LOPD course. Please visit the AMSP subsidies page for more information.
LOPD courses are being developed and scheduled in a first-requested-first-built order - please complete the expression of interest form to ensure that the units you require are prioritised. Most online courses are available at least twice a year but we will add further instances, or develop new courses, following requests.
You can see a list of our currently schedule LOPD courses here.
To apply for a place, please complete the online application form. Early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
If you have any queries please contact the CPD Administration team:
- 01225 716494
- [email protected]
Feedback from participants
- “I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly the technology worked, making it feel interactive and allowing for questions and contributions from the people on the course. I would strongly recommend this method of staff development to anyone.”
- “I was unable to attend a couple of sessions, but found it invaluable that a recording of the lesson was [available], allowing me to watch it later and catch up.”
- “Nine hours of information and practical hints and tips, great value! And you save the planet by not travelling. It's got to be the way forward.”
- “Spreading the content out over time gives you time to reflect on what you have been taught.”
- “Excellent refresher course with guidance and clear teaching. Thank you.”
- “Some of the teachers enrolled had already taught the module at school, but it was appreciated that as a complete beginner, my needs were met. The people delivering the course were well prepared and friendly.”
- “The trainers are brilliant and explain everything really well.”
- “I loved the enthusiasm of the tutors throughout - it is so important to show a passion for your subject.”
- “Excellent training, already looking at the list to sign up to another course.”