Explore and refresh your knowledge of the AQA Level 2 Further Maths courseLondon
A day of workshops looking at the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course: why you might consider running it as an extension course for your Year 10s or 11s; how it can be delivered in and around the school curriculum; what new maths is in the course; what is best practice for teaching the course.
The day will include suggestions for how to answer, and a chance to discuss :
- how can I convince the school where I work that delivering the course is worthwhile?
- what other options are there, as extension courses for Year 10s and/or Year 11s?
- how can the course be delivered, logistically?
- what topics are on the course that are not on the GCSE course?
- what is the best way to teach Matrices, for this course?
- what is the best way to teach Calculus, for this course?
- what is the best way to teach geometric proof, for this course?
- what is the bett way to teach problem-solving, for this course?
- To inform participants about the content of the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course
- To consider various ways of delivering the course around the mainstream curriculum
- To inform participants of how to best prepare students for this course.
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers who wish to refresh their knowledge of the course and share best practice.
Teachers who will be new to teaching the course in the year 2022-23
Heads of department who might consider running the course in 2022-23
Pure, Problem solving
Face-to-face Professional Development
London and South East
8 All Saints Street,
Thu 16th Jun 2022
10:00 - 15:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard