NW Further Maths Pick and Mix PD - Higher Level Problem SolvingOnline
- To examine the key concepts in common core and selected options for A level Further Mathematics
- To discuss a range of approaches to teaching Further Pure and Options effectively and in an engaging manner
- To provide access to a wide variety of suitable resources
- To explore ways of embedding Technology and the overarching themes of Problem Solving and Modelling into the curriculum
Who will benefit from attending?
This course should appeal to teachers who are relatively new to teaching A level Further Mathematics and would like to refresh their knowledge and to broaden their use of activities and teaching ideas.
Covering the content in a short session means that pace of the session could seem quite fast and so teachers who are completely unfamiliar with the content might consider booking onto the sustained Teaching Further Maths Course (https://amsp.org.uk/teachers/a-level-further/professional-development).
- What is a mathematical problem?
- What are university admissions tests (TMUA, MAT, STEP and others) and why do we need to know about them?
- Examples of problems from A Level Maths, A Level Further Maths, and university admissions tests.
Open to teachers from state-funded schools and colleges in England and Wales. Priority will be given to teachers from the North West.
A level Further Mathematics
Live Online Professional Development
Wed 22nd Jun 2022
17:00 - 18:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Abigail Bown, James Groves, Mike Baxter, Andrew Birch, Adrian Hall, Martin Bamber
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard