AQA Level 2 Further Maths - Algebraic ManipulationOnline
This session will focus on the Algebraic Manipulation that is required for the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course and in particular the folowing aspects
- Algebraic Proof and the language of proof
- Quadratic Equations and Inequalities
- The Factor Theorem
In addition, we will explore the free resources available on Integral through your AMSP registration to support the teaching and assessment of the course.
We will also consider other elements of the course that involve algebraic manipulation.
- To familiarise teachers with some key topics on the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course that involve Algebraic Manipulation
- To explore the language used in questions and what it means for your students
- To review Quadratic Equations and extending to Quadratic Inequalities
- To explore the Factor Theorem and discuss ideas for teaching
Who will benefit from attending?
- Did you teach the previous specification and want to update yourself on the changes in the new specification?
- Are you planning to start delivering the course soon?
This session is aimed both at teachers who are new to the course, but also those who would like support with the pedagogy of the topics which are extra to GCSE Maths.
Materials and Equipment
The session will be on the Zoom platform. The link to the session will be emailed in the week before the session.
You are advised to use a headset or headphones with a microphone to provide the best sound quality and to prevent audio issues for other users. A laptop with a built-in webcam and microphone may be sufficient if you’re in a quiet area but please take the time to check this before the session.
In order to fully participate in the meeting please be willing to use your camera and microphone, although if this is impossible the chat option will be available.
This course will be followed by a series of topic specific sessions designed for teachers (and prospective teachers) of AQA Level 2 Further Maths to support both subject knowledge and pedagogy in the following areas:
- Teaching Differentiation for Understanding
- Exploring Matrices
Teachers can sign up for as many or as few of these topic sessions as required.
Pure, Problem solving, Curriculum planning
Live Online Professional Development
Tue 25th Jan 2022
16:30 - 17:45
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard