NW Online GCSE Winter Series - Making connectionsOnline
The North West Online GCSE PD Winter Series is a series of four 90-minute PD sessions ideal for teachers of GCSE Mathematics. This series has been designed with the aim of meeting teachers' current needs.
Two key considerations that have been made whilst planning this series are:
- The need to differentiate effectively due to different gaps in students' knowledge
- Making links between different parts of the curriculum, to ensure efficient and thorough coverage
All sessions are free of charge and access to the resources used in the sessions will be shared after the event.
- To provide teachers with approaches to teaching a range of GCSE Mathematics topics
- To support teachers in differentiating to meet their students' needs
- To make links between different parts of the GCSE Mathematics curriculum
Who will benefit from attending?
This series is aimed at teachers of GCSE Mathematics. Some of the content covered will be higher tier only, but the ideas discussed will be transferrable.
Have you ever taught graphs with sequences, or expanding and factorising with area?
This session will focus on making connections between different topics in GCSE Mathematics. Supporting students to see these links will help to improve their understanding of mathematics as a whole. In the current climate, this session also aims to support teachers to cover and reinforce content efficiently.
Materials and Equipment
Sessions will be hosted on Zoom or BBB (using Chrome / Firefox). The session leader will contact you in advance to explain how to access the session and to list any additional equipment / software that may be required.
Problem solving, Use of technology, Curriculum planning, Reasoning
Live Online Professional Development
Thu 9th Dec 2021
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard