Practical Statistics PDManchester
This course aims to provide simple practical and problem solving ideas that can be used with students studying statistics as part of their A level maths, as well as a range of concept questions for promoting discussion and testing student understanding. All the ideas used will be ones that teachers can take away and replicate with a minimum of equipment and resources. All delegates will be encouraged to carry out a range of activities.
- Gain a number of ideas that can be used in the A level statistics classroom for introducing concepts using practical or problem solving approaches.
- Network and share ideas with fellow teachers of statistics in A level
- Increase delegates' awareness of interesting and engaging methods for deepening students' conceptual understanding of the subject.
Who will benefit from attending?
Any current or prospective teacher of the statistics element A (or AS) level maths.
Activities will include:
- Practical ideas for introducing probability and discrete random variables
- Active learning resources
- Modelling real life situations using hypothesis testing in an engaging way
- Real life data collection and activities for data presentation and hypothesis testing
Any state school teachers
A level Mathematics
Face-to-face Professional Development
University of Manchester
Thu 27th Jan 2022
10:00 - 16:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Abigail Bown, Martin Bamber
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard