Cornwall and Devon Teacher NetworkLessons learned from lockdown
Cornwall and Devon Teacher Network is an AMSP-funded project, allowing teachers of maths to meet, collaborate and to share best practice. We meet termly and the programme is mainly speaker-led training events and includes informal sessions.
As schools return to something approaching normality, what lessons have been learned by teachers during lockdown?
This meeting aims to give teachers an opportunity to reflect on and share their experiences and consider the implications going forward of their own and their students' development whilst operating in these challenging circumstances.
In this meeting we will be considering the following:
- How have your students progressed whilst learning remotely?
- How have you used technology, and how might you go on to use it now that you are back in the classroom?
- Have the TAG and CAG processes had any useful side effects?
- Has lockdown led to your department altering the way you structure your maths curriculum, setting and assessment?
- Has there been an effect on the way you approach the teaching of mathematics?
All teachers of mathematics would be very welcome to attend this meeting.
Materials and Equipment
The meeting is scheduled for 1.5 hours, however, the last 30 minutes has been set aside for those who wish to continue the conversation beyond the hour.
The meeting will be held in Zoom. We will be emailing you with a link to the Zoom meeting in the week prior to the meeting and will send out a reminder on the day of the meeting.
11-16 maths, A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics, Core Maths, University admissions tests
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure, Discrete, Problem solving, Use of technology, Curriculum planning, Maths in other subjects
Thu 24th Jun 2021
16:00 - 17:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard