AQA Level 2 Further Maths; Session 1 - Introduction to the course and Graphs and Functions
This session starts by introducing the course and then covers the Graphs and Functions topics from the syllabus.
The introduction will include:
- What is the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course?
- Why should your students be offered the course?
- How could it be delivered?
We will be looking at Graphs and Functions which reinforces and extends the work done at GCSE, focusing on domain, range, and notation.
It is likely that you will also want to attend our sister session on Matrices, chosen because students are unlikely to have met these before and they fit in nicely with GCSE transformation work.
This second session is on Thursday 8th July from 4.30pm to 6pm. Please go to the Matrices event page to sign up.
It is likely that we will add further sessions after the summer for other topics, dependent on demand.
- To help make teachers and senior leaders aware of the benefits of running the course, and possible delivery methods
- To familiarise teachers with the topics in the AQA Level 2 Further Maths course which go beyond the GCSE curriculum
- To develop approaches to teaching that engage all students in their AQA Level 2 Further Maths learning
Who will benefit from attending?
- Do you know why you should be delivering this course to your students?
- Are you planning to start delivering the course soon?
- Did you teach the previous specification and want to update yourself on the changes in the new specification?
This session is aimed both at teachers who are new to the course and also those who would like support with the pedagogy of the topics which are additional to GCSE Maths.
Materials and Equipment
The session will be on the Zoom platform. The link to the session will be emailed in the week before the session.
You are advised to use a headset or headphones with a microphone to provide the best sound quality and to prevent audio issues for other users. A laptop with a built-in webcam and microphone may be sufficient if you’re in a quiet area but please take the time to check this before the session.
In order to fully participate in the meeting please be willing to use your camera and microphone, although if this is impossible the chat option will be available.
We will be using a Desmos activity so please use a device which can support this.
As part of our safeguarding procedures please note the following:
(i) It is important that you log in with the names you used when you registered for the meeting otherwise you may not be allowed into the room. If you prefer to use a shortened/alternative name, then do let us know via email in advance of the session.
(ii) You must not pass on any of the registration or Zoom meeting details to anyone else.
Pure, Curriculum planning
Live Online Professional Development
Tue 29th Jun 2021
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard