Moving on with MathsOnline
This online event is a must for students taking A Level Maths, Further Maths or Core Maths and applying for university and for their teachers.
The event will give A Level mathematicians an insight into studying mathematics and other STEM subjects at university as well as looking at the admissions procedures for universities and the relevant admissions tests. Students will have the opportunity to solve problems from admissions tests and from the Personal Best Maths Badge used at Loughborough. Universty lecturers will then form an expert panel, in order to answer any questions the students may have.
- To provide information about applying to study STEM subjects at university, including grade expectations and relevant admissions tests
- To discover what is involved in studying Mathematics, and other STEM subjects, at university
- To give students a broader knowledge of where their mathematics can take them.
- To provide students with an opportunity to solve admissions test style problems and so deepen their mathematical understanding and increase their confidence with the subject
Who will benefit from attending?
Essential knowledge for years 11, 12 and 13 mathematics students and their teachers.
All students of Level 3 Mathematics and their teachers will benefit from this event which will broaden their knowledge of the opportunities Level 3 maths will give them.
Applying for STEM Subjects at University
University Admissions Tests
- Mathematical Problem Solving
- Mathematics Admissions Tutor (Dr Prendergast)
- Subject Lecturers
- The Undergraduate Perspective
- Expert Panel
- Thanks and Close
Materials and Equipment
This event will be streamed live via Vimeo. Teachers who register will receive the link to this live stream a week before the event so that they can share the link to students so that they can engage with the event in the classroom or at home.
Mentimeter and Desmos will be used during the session so that students can engage with event and work through some mathematics. Therefore, each student attending will need access to a laptop, tablet or phone. Participants will also need pen and paper to take notes, and complete mathematical tasks. Calculators are optional.
This event will be streamed live via Vimeo. It will be recorded and available online for two weeks after the event. After that, the recording will be deleted.
Year 11 & 12
University admissions tests, A level Mathematics
Vimeo Live Stream
Mon 21st Jun 2021
12:30 - 14:30
This is a free event
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: