Mayfield Teacher NetworkWhere maths meets.... the world of work
The Mayfield Teacher Network meet termly to discuss and share best practice in an relaxed setting, or bring in an AMSP speaker to provide training or upskilling on a mutually agreed area of maths teaching.
This session is suitable for teachers of students at KS4 who wish to promote the relevance of the mathematics they teach; and also for teachers of KS5 maths to help with the promotion of Core Maths, A level Maths and Further Maths in the context of real life, enabling students to achieve their aspirations and keep doors open.
The Mayfield Network welcomes Rachel Beddoes who will:
- Highlight the use of maths in various careers
- Support in achieving Gatsby Benchmark 4: Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Showcase a number of resources that teachers can access for free and share with their students
- Give some answers to that ever-challenging question, "Why would I ever need to use this in real life?"
- Provide guidance on promoting the study of maths beyond GCSE
Materials and Equipment
You will need a secure internet connection and laptop/computer with a webcam, microphone and headphones/speakers to take engage fully
We will send you a link before the meeting starts
Unfortunately we will not be able to provide refreshments, so please bring you own tea/coffee and biscuits/cake
11-16 maths, A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics, Core Maths
Thu 29th Apr 2021
16:30 - 18:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard