Proof and Problem Solving in A-Level Mathematics - POSTPONEDNewcastle upon Tyne
This is a one-day PD event focusing on Proof and Problem Solving in A-Level Mathematics.
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED - PLEASE CONTACT [email protected] FOR MORE INFO.
- Build knowledge and confidence in the Proof and Problem Solving content of the A-Level Maths Curriculum
- Explore and disucuss teaching strategies for Proof and Problem Solving
- Explore ways in which digital technologies can enhance teaching of Proof and Problem Solving
Who will benefit from attending?
Any teacher of A-Level Mathematics, especially those wishing to develop their teaching of these key themes and/or willing to share their own ideas and experiences.
- Introduction to proof at A-Level
- Problem Solving at A-Level
- Advanced proof and "Proof as Problem Solving"
- Assessment of Proof and Problem Solving at A-Level
Materials and Equipment
Calculators, laptops and/or other devices may be useful to have, but not essential.
A level Mathematics
Problem solving, Use of technology, Reasoning
Face-to-face Professional Development
Newcastle 6th Form College,
Thu 26th Mar 2020
09:15 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard