New to teaching A level Mathematics summer schoolOnline
The highly acclaimed annual summer school returns this year but with a difference – we are going on line! Run in conjunction with STEM Learning, the course is designed for teachers with a secure background in the mathematics content covered in A level but who have little, or no, experience of teaching A level mathematics. The course is ideal for teachers about to start their first teaching post and will be expected to teach A level mathematics.
The course concentrates upon deepening pedagogical content knowledge in key areas of the A level curriculum and ideas for delivery of the over-arching themes of the A level curriculum.
The course runs over 5 days, Monday 24th August - Friday 28th August. There will be two – one hour sessions per day starting at 10:00 and 14:00 with additional support available from 11:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 16:00 each day.
Booking for this course is through STEM Learning. For more information about the course and booking see: https://www.stem.org.uk/cpd/471834/new-teaching-level-mathematics-summer-school
- To deepen pedagogical content knowledge in key areas of the A level curriculum
- To explore a range of ideas for delivery of the over-arching themes of the A level curriculum
- To develop a deeper understanding of the key concepts that underpin A level mathematics, and how these ideas are linked together across the subject.
Who will benefit from attending?
- Teachers who have just completed teacher training and will be teaching A level Mathematics from September.
- Practitioners who are new to teaching A level Mathematics, (i.e. have no more than three years experience teaching post-16).
There are ten online sessions covering:
- Misconceptions, mistakes and links with GCSE mathematics
- Functions and graphs
- Problem Solving
A level Mathematics
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure, Use of technology
Live Online Professional Development
Mon 24th Aug 2020
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard