A level Active!High Wycombe
This interactive hands-on day is designed to share techniques, resources, and approaches for engaging all students in A level Mathematics learning. Delegates are welcome to suggest topics for inclusion, and other topics will be main areas of the curriculum.
- To develop approaches to teaching that engage all students in A level mathematics learning
Who will benefit from attending?
Any teacher of A level mathematics.
The day will include:
- Discussion: What are the key issues you face in getting your students to think mathematically?
- A detailed examination of at least one of the more challenging topics from pure mathematics.
- A modelling activity and other activities from pure, statistics and mechanics.
- General strategies and teaching approaches.
Please apply by Friday 14th February for your topic choices to be considered. Later applications will be accepted but the programme will be fixed.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Any teacher of A level Mathematics is welcome but preference will be given to state funded teachers.
A level Mathematics
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure
Face-to-face Professional Development
Wycombe High School,
Mon 9th Mar 2020
09:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard