Using Technology in the Statistics Classroom
- Large Data Sets: how technology can be used to gain familiarity and teach statistical concepts
- Practical Activities using the large data sets with GeoGebra and spreadsheets
- Using the GeoGebra probability calculator in statistics lessons
- Using the graphing and enhanced scientific calculators
- Sample assessment questions: how the use of technology impacts upon assessment
- To support teachers in using technology to enhance their teaching of the Statistics at Level 3 Mathematics.
- To enable teachers to see how technology can enrich student experience, create a work-ready approach to analysing data and illuminate new and familiar topics.
- To consider how to balance the need for technology to enhance learning with the need to support students in using technology for assessment.
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers who are teaching the statistics element of A level or Core Maths or those who anticipate doing so in the near future.
Materials and Equipment
Please bring a laptop that has Geogebra 5 classic and a spreadsheet installed. It would also be useful to download the large dataset for the specification that you are teaching.
A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics, Core Maths
Statistics, Use of technology
Face-to-face Professional Development
Fri 13th Dec 2019
09:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
01202 692132 Ext 275
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard