Topics from Further Mechanics - Further Maths Professional Development DayCheltenham
A professional development day for teachers focussing on certain mechanics topics that appear in Further Maths AS/A level.
- To provide teachers with an opportunity to develop key Mechanics concepts in Further Maths
- To enable teachers to see how practical ideas and modelling can be used in the introduction and teaching of Mechanics in Further Maths
- To give teachers the opportunity to use resources and work on problems in Mechanics in Further Maths
Who will benefit from attending?
Current or prospective teachers of Further Maths mechanics.
The topics covered in the day will include
- Work, energy and power
- Collisions (momentum, impulse and Newton’s law of restitution)
- Hooke’s law and elastic energy
- Harmonic motion (This is in the Pure part of the Further Maths specifications, within differential equations)
There is considerable variation between the mechanics content in the different Further Maths specifications. The content for this day has been chosen as these topics are broadly common to all specifications.
Please note the specification you teach and a brief outline of your mechanics experience to date in Additional Information on the booking form.
A level Further Mathematics
Face-to-face Professional Development
East End Road,
Wed 18th Mar 2020
10:00 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard