Maths is your FutureFalmouth
An engaging day with plenty of mathematical activity as well as information to motivate and enthuse your students. The day will also aim to inspire girls to continue studying maths beyond GCSE and to consider the benefits of a STEM based degree.
- To stimulate interest in Mathematics outside of the curriculum
- To show students the range of careers and opportunities available by studying maths
- To foster a positive attitude to solving problems in mathematics
Who will benefit from attending?
This day is aimed at Year 10 students who are aiming for Higher Level GCSE Mathematics, and who are considering or need encouraging to consider Mathematics as an option for Level 3.
Students will participate in a series of hands on workshops throughout the day, gather information about options for Level 3 mathematics courses and hear about possible career choices.
Materials and Equipment
We would expect students to have the usual school mathematical equipment, including a scientific calculator.
This event will help to address the following Gatsby Benchmarks:
- Benchmark 2 - Learning from career and labour market information
- Benchmark 4 - Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Benchmark 7 - Encounters with further and higher education
We are inviting schools to bring up to fifteen students. This event is focused on encouraging students, and in particular girls, to consider Maths beyond GCSE and STEM careers. We would therefore encourage schools to bring at least as many girls as boys to the event.
Places are limited and early applications are advised.
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure, Problem solving
Fri 10th Jan 2020
09:45 - 14:45
This event is free
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact: