Maths Hub Work Group: Developing A level Pedagogy
Level 3 Maths Work Groups are extended professional development programmes, run in partnership by Maths Hubs and the AMSP. Each Work Group is an ongoing collaboration between teachers from local schools and colleges led by an expert in maths professional development.
Developing Pedagogy (in A level Mathematics) Work Groups aim to develop knowledge of content and the requirements of the new maths A levels and understand the purpose of the overarching themes. Participants will gain confidence in teaching new aspects of content (particularly mechanics and statistics) and explore the benefits of teaching statistics through the use of large data sets.
- know the requirements of the new A level Mathematics
- understand the purpose of the overarching themes
- be confident in teaching new aspects of pedagogy
- become a part of a developing community of practice
- improve the capacity of staff to teach A level Mathematics
- see students develop a more joined-up view of the subject and be better prepared for the new style of linear exams
Who will benefit from attending?
It is suitable for people leading development of maths teaching and learning in departments with A level provision and other experienced A level teachers.
Teachers will find this Work Group particularly useful if they have previously completed AS/A level Mathematics professional development, and want to influence their department's approach to teaching A level in the future.
State-funded schools, colleges and academies can participate in Work Groups for free.
Work Groups are hosted by
Hosted by Angles Maths Hub
|Session number||Date||Session times|
|1||12/12/2019||10:30 – 15:30|
|2||05/02/2020||10:30 – 15:30*|
|3||18/03/2020||10:30 – 15:30*|
* With the option to start at 09:15 to observe lessons
Refreshments and Lunch will be provided
A level Mathematics
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure
Face-to-face Professional Development
East of England
Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form,
The Old Fire Station,
Thu 12th Dec 2019
10:30 - 15:30
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard