Discover Trigonometry for New Teachers of GCSEWolverhampton
GCSE Mathematics is more demanding than ever, with new Higher Tier content supporting a national drive to increase the number of students studying maths post-16.
This day follows the development of trigonometry from Key Stage 3 to A level Mathematics, considering a range of ideas whilst also reflecting on the teaching and consider the 'big picture' of each topic within the wider curriculum. It forms part of our Discover Maths for New Teachers of GCSE suite of courses, aimed at supporting teachers’ own understanding of key Higher Tier topics, so that they can confidently lead their students through GCSE into studying post-16 maths.
- Enhance subject knowledge at Key Stage 3 and explore how this topic is expanded upon for KS5 maths qualifications.
- Preparation for using classroom resources and powerful visual representations with students.
Who will benefit from attending?
GCSE Mathematics teachers who want to increase their confidence with teaching trigonometry for Higher Tier GCSE.
- Trigonometry in right angle triangles
- Exact trigonometric values
- Trigonometry beyond 90°and trigonometric functions
- Transformations of trigonometric graphs
- Solving trigonometric equations
Discover Trigonometry for New Teachers of GCSE is free to state-funded schools and colleges.
Schools and colleges located within Priority Areas are eligible to receive a subsidy of £250 to support staff cover and travel costs.
Face-to-face Professional Development
Armstrong Room, University of Wolverhampton Science Park,
Wed 29th Jan 2020
09:00 - 15:00
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
Teacher Support Admin Team
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard