Imperial mA*ths project teacher support
In each unit of this online course, teachers will see pages titled:
- Spotlight on...
- A challenging task
- Unpicking a question (from Imperial’s accompanying student online course).
Each page includes a short video and some prompts for reflection. Participating teachers are required to interact and collaborate with each other and the course tutors via the online forums.
The course offers total flexibility: teachers can access the materials, day or night, over a period of up to one year. Teachers will be able to track their progress within the course and see when they have completed a section, a pod or the full course. The course is being made freely available for state-funded schools and colleges through the AMSP.
Both the student and teacher courses focus mainly on AS Mathematics. Imperial is due to launch its Year 13 student course later this year, and this will be followed in 2020 by MEI’s online teacher professional development for Year 13 content.
- To support teachers of high attaining A level Mathematics students through providing and demonstrating practical resources and approaches, adaptable across a range of A level topics.
- To explore, in depth, aspects of mathematics content and pedagogy.
- To create a forum through which teachers can analyse all aspects of the course content with other teachers and course tutors.
Who will benefit from attending?
Teachers with one or more high attaining A level Mathematics students.
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Number and algebra
- Unit 3: Coordinate geometry
- Mid course review
- Unit 4: Mechanics (coming soon)
- Unit 5: Statistics (coming soon)
- End of course review (coming soon)
Materials and Equipment
Internet connection with capability to watch video.
ODPD is free of charge and is available only to teachers in state-funded schools and colleges in England.
A level Mathematics
Mechanics, Statistics, Pure, Problem solving, Reasoning
On Demand Professional Development
If you have any queries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact:
The AMSP, through MEI, holds the NCETM CPD Standard